An experienced writer who is responsible for concepts through finished copy for all assigned projects. Often works as part of a creative team (paired with an art director for example) to achieve the client's objectives through creative imagery and effective message strategies. May supervise others and have client contact. A senior copywriter may manage other copywriters in overall efforts to research, conceptualize, write, proofread and edit original content and digital experiences. A copywriter helps to determine tone, style, structure and voice of editorial content, based on available space, knowledge of editorial principles, aesthetic sense and brand considerations, working directly with Creative Directors, Digital, Brand and Media Strategists, Art Directors, Interactive and Front-end Developers, IA’s, Content Specialists & Designers.
The copywriter has an important visual criteria that allows him/her to take decisions in art directions together with the Art Director.
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of broad creative and management experience, including experience in corporate, consumer and digital.
- Will hate how this job description was written.
- General knowledge of digital tools and glossary.
- Experience in Integrated marketing / interactive and broadcast work.
- Excellent facilitation/presentation skills, both in preparing materials required and in delivery. Excellent written skills.
- Excellent Public Speaker
- Well versed in web technologies, best practices, emerging trends in media and marketing.
- Great client-facing experience.
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge.
- Good English oral and written communication skills.
- Active in social media channels.
- Strategic account management skills across multiple sectors / segments; success in direct and / or virtual leadership of global teams.
- Great creative management abilities.
- Strong concept, presentation and client-facing skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; ability to thrive amidst ambiguity and adapt to shifting circumstances.
- Global experience: lived in / worked across multiple markets.
- Ability to travel as needed for covered accounts and territory.
- Ability to self-manage while managing projects.
- A portfolio comprised of campaign, e-commerce, experiential and portal works for major brands. All with an exquisite copywriting.
- Works closely with AD, AE, and Production personnel as a team member on assigned accounts to produce effective themes, campaigns, etc.
- Write, edit, and proof content and copy in a world class level.
- Experience in pitch-work.
- Participates in client-agency meetings at the agency, when appropriate.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts, Media Arts, Interaction Design or equivalent education and experience. Not exclusively.